Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Post The Devil Does Not Want Me To Post!!!

I have started 3 times to post something on here, and everytime, I have mysteriously lost it! The devil does not want me to do this one! Well, I'm doing it anyway no matter how many tries it takes!!!

Becoming A Woman Of Excellence" by Cynthia Heard. LOVE this Bible study!!! I started it awhile ago and never finished it, like so many other things, and this time, I'm determined to finish it! And lose weight!

I'm trying to lose weight and thought 'I need a Bible study to focus on' so I went to looking for one. I found this Bible study laying on a table and thought 'Perfect! Just what I need!'.

Chapter 1...Excellence...A Goal Worth Pursuing. So that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ...Philipians 1:10.

No pressure! Wow...sincere...blameless. That's a tall order for such a human as me. Ruth was called a woman of excellence by the people of her city. What does my city think of me? Certainly not that! I probably don't want to know what some think. Ruth was noble in character, was strong, and worthy. Boy do I NOT measure up! So, here I am, striving for all that and can only measure up because of God.

"Excellence - the possession of good qualities in an unusual degree; surpassing virtue, merit, worth, value."

My definition of excellence: excel, above and beyond, surpassing.

The world's definition of excellence: the perfect house, money, car, job, etc.

To make me feel even worse about myself, I think the church sometimes views excellence the way the world does. But that's the church, NOT God. God's view of excellence is, like Ruth, noble in character, strong, and worthy. And only in God can I measure up. I measure up because of Him. In Him, I am noble, strong, and worthy.

A woman of strength - worthy, bravery, capability. I find my worth in God. Not what the world or my city thinks of me. I am brave because if God is for me who can stand against me. I am capable because I can do ALL things in Christ Who gives me strength. And losing weight is where I need that strength right now.

A virtuous and worthy wife - earnest and strong in character. I am determined to be the wife God wants me to be no matter what the world says. Too many attitudes floating around this world today. Too many bad influences. I am determined for my marriage to work and last until Jesus comes. And I have learned to be quiet too...choke, choke...that was...is a dificult one because I AM so strong in character. :)

Capable, intelligent and virtuous woman. I am very well and able to do what I need to do, inspite of some health issues that God is taking care of. And I AM intelligent, more than I like people to know. Tony tells me I'm book smart but have no commom sense...lol. Well I have the schooling of the Holy Spirit what do I need common sense for...just kidding. Anywho... Virtuous woman...hmmm.

A virtue is a positive trait or quality subjectively deemed to be morally excellent and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being.

Even in all my humaness I am still virtuous in the Lord. God brings out the virtuous qualities I have.

  • I want to glorify God in all I do...1 Corinthians 10:31.
  • I want to abound in love, knowledge, and discernment...Philipians 1:9-10.
  • I want to think on good things...Philipians 4:8.

"If the goal of our pursuit is unclear, we risk losing sight of what it is we're striving for."

  • Love God with all my heart, soul, and mind, and love my neighbor as myself...Matthew 22;36-39.
  • Do not conform to the world, but be transformed by the renewing of my mind...Romans 12:2.
  • Pray for knowledge and God's will. Walk worthy of the Lord and please Him. Be fruitful of good works...Colossians 1:9-10.
  • Be refined. Be straight. Handle God's Truth accurately...2 Timothy 2:15.

My definition of excellence to a friend - to be virtuous, true, noble, trustworthy, and love.

I'm NOT saying to be perfect. I'm saying to do to the best of our ability (as Cynthia Heald shares in her book). As I read this Bible study, I have some of the same feelings as Cynthia. I look back at all that has happened and all I've been through and all I've done, and I see where I have settled for second best...from myself and from others...where I have all but given up. But, like Ruth, I trust God with my life and will NOT allow my circumstances to dictate my behavior or responses. Lord, help me to strive to be and to have all You will have me to be and have...FOR YOUR GLORY.

  • Press toward the goal...Philipians 3:12-14.  
  • Go on to perfection. Maturity...Hebrews 6:1.

Lord, give me a heart for Your Word. Psalm 40:8.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete