Friday, January 27, 2012

A Woman's Work Is Never Done! :)

Becoming A Woman Of Excellence by Cynthia Heald

Chapter 2 - Excellence: God's Character, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? Psalm 27:1

God's character, hmmm...Creator, God Alone, Enough, Always On Time, Bringer Of Laughter, Watching, God Almighty, The Interpreter, The Blesser, All Powerful...and I could go on and on.

Well, I can't create the universe and everything in it but I can create things. I can create an atmosphere around me that shines His light instead of being miserable and unhappy. God Alone...God inside me may be the only 'God' some people see. Enough...God's light that shines through me can be enough to touch someone's life. Always On Time...well, I'm not always on time for things but God may have an 'On Time' word for me to share with someone. Anywho, you get the point. :)

I can display the character of God if I just think about it. "He is my source and model of excellence. Having a proper view of God is necessary if I am going to live a life pleasing to Him. A life with the goal of excellence cannot be lived on my own merit or in my own strength." Ain't that the truth!

I'm not perfect. I have failed so many times and so determined to be who God wants me to be and that's why I keep getting up everytime something knocks me down. Sometimes it takes me longer to get up than others, but I always get up.

Thank You, Lord, for Your unconditional, unfailing LOVE! How excellent is Your lovingkindness...Psalm 36:7.

Psalm 103: 1-18: holy, forgives, healer, redeemer, loves, compassionate, satisfies us, renewer, righteous, justice, gracious, slow to anger. Hmmm...as I read this scripture, I see some characteristics I could show myself. But it won't always be easy. Lord, You DO know I'm human, right? I know, I know...You will give me strength and REMIND me to reflect You. Boy, do I need a lot of reminding. Sometimes my mouth opens before my brain processes what's going to come out!

"Truly believing that God is love is key to any response we have to Him." It can be difficult sometimes to accept that God Is my Provider and Protector. Things have just been so hard at times and that's why it's hard to accept this. Sometimes I don't see what He is doing in the midst of my storm and it feels like He has forsaken me. Even though I believe Him, He will never leave me nor forsake me, It FEELS like I'm abandoned at times...left for dead...no provision or protection from the roaring lion coming to stea,l kill, and destroy. At times I feel very vulnerable. That's when the Holy Spirit reminds me. :) He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me! I have that scripture on my wall to be a reminder.

Unconditional - without conditions or limitations; absolute.

What am I unconditional about? I can honestly say, without hesitation or thinking, I have unconditional love for my children. My husband? Most of the time. Well, probably all the time, but when he hurts me or makes me mad, it's hard to admit. And, of course, my parents and my best friends. But God has unconditional love for EVERYBODY! Everybody on this earth! I can't imagine! This world is hard and cruel and mean! But He loves anyway.

Anywho, I will leave that thought with you for now (to be continued!). Gotta go get ready and put clothes in the dryer. A woman's work is never done! :)

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete