Tuesday, January 31, 2012

...continued

God's Sovereignty: supreme power.

I'm so thankful for His supreme power. I sure do need it this week. Since I've started this new journey in this Bible study and losing weight, I've lost 12 lbs and have learned so much about God. And I feel closer to Him. This has been a very stressful week. I haven't lost a pound! Stress makes me want to eat! But, Thank God, I have not gained. :)

So much is traveling through my mind, I don't know where to begin. And I'm sitting here watching "Biggest Loser," and it encourages me but for some reason I want to eat! LOL. Talking about God helps me focus. So...

1 Chronicles 29:11-12 tells me EVERYTHING comes from Him! He IS all powerful. So, I need to look to Him for strength for losing weight and not overeating. He is the only place I can find the power for that.

Psalm 115:3 tells me He does what He pleases. So, I know He pleases for me to lose weight and be healthy so I know He will help me when I call on Him. That's the key: I have to call on Him. He will not force Himself on me.

Isaiah 46:9-10 tells me there is none like Him. So, no one can help me like He can. No one can feel a void like He can. No one can give me the will power Like God.

Colossians 1:15-17 tells me He is Creator of ALL. He created me. I am made in His image. He is not overweight or unhealthy so...I can be healthy and not overweight. Only with His help. :)

Jeremiah 29:11 tells me He has great plans for me. Prosper. No harm. Hope. Future. I have got to be in good health to be here for the plans God has for me. If I'm overweight and miserable and unhealthy, I can't enjoy anything or be here long enough for it.

John 16:33 tells me He has overcome the world. He gives me peace in trouble. So, with Him, I can overcome this food addiction! And He will give me peace in the process.

Romans 8:28 tells me He works for my good in ALL things. So, even though I've gotten myself to this place, He will help me get to a good place. Thank You, Lord!

He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me! He's always there and working and fixing and doing.

  • In affliction, God gives me comfort.
  • I am blinded so that the work of God might be displayed in my life and my eyes opened and I see.
  • I am hard pressed but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed.
  • All this power comes from God for my suffering.
  • I have a thorn in my flesh to keep me humble.
  • In my weaknesses, Christ makes me strong.
  • This is to ensure I don't become conceited for what God does for me.



All the water in all the oceans cannot sink a ship unless it gets inside. Nor can all the trouble in the world harm us unless it gets within us...Eugene Peterson.

Notes to self: no other Gods before Him (food). Pay attention to His commands. Obey Him.

If I'm not obedient, God immediately reprimands me, and I know it real quick. If my motives aren't pure, He lets me know instantly.

He protects me, feeds me, waters me. He provides for me. I am His sheep. I don't have to worry about anything. He's got my back. He is my light and my salvation and my stronghold. No fear! Because I love God and call on His name, He will rescue me, protect, answer, and give me a long life. He gives me all things. Because of His divine power, I can escape the corruption of the world.

Be assured, if you walk with Him and expect help from Him, He will never fail you....George Mueller.

"Because of my security and worth in Jesus Christ, I do not have to look to people or things to feel of value or loved. I am now free to love and serve because I can trust my needs to be met by my heavenly Father". :)

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete